Monday, November 17, 2008
I did a 6 random things meme a couple weeks back. Then dear Chris Brogan was tagged by Dominick Evans to do a 5 things meme.
And then Jon Swanson twisted it up a little and I liked that idea.
So, you know the "rules" right? Someone tags me, I write and link back to them. At the end I tag you and you link back to me, and at the end of the day we know more about each other then we did when we started.
So here's a 5 moments (or memories of moments) that I love meme:
1. I timed it right and the wave has me and I have it and there is a moment of wonder. I wonder if I'll get spit onto the shore with a mouth full of sand and blood somewhere. Then I feel the sand beneath my knees and I know it was just good. I love that moment.
2. The boys watch their wave and I watch them. They turn at the right moment and dive into it and just before the water takes them there is shining determination and anticipation in their eyes. I love that moment.
3. I wake in a quiet house, the night dark, the clock early, the quilt right, the warmth of a leg against mine, and hours to go before I must rise. I love that moment.
4. Mayhem surrounds, and I sit with the warm weight of a nursing baby in the crook of me. I look down at rouged cheeks against my skin, long lashed eyes softly closed, mouth just slackened with an occasional leftover swallow. I love that moment.
5. I sit to write and the words come together in just the right way to convey my meaning. I love that moment.
And because a meme is like a game of idea tag, as Jon describes, I take this moment to tag:
Catnip- because she's signed on for nablopomo and I think twisting up this meme might provide good fodder for her.
Mrs. Chicken- because she's my hero and her words inspire me.
Nancy- (not sure if you want a link) because I like to witness how her mind works.
Kat- because I really like to read all of the things she chooses to share.
Ron- because he has fascinating stories and it's been too long since I've read one.
Matt- because he just found me on facebook and seems to be neglecting his blog.
Bonus: Steve because he needs to get that blog started.
Posted by Meg at 10:15 PM