Monday, January 26, 2009

36x365x142

Some say that blogger "someones" are just plain folk. I watched you, bored with boredom, falling back to the comfort of your crew. Not exactly cruel, but less than kind. Like plain folk.

Who wants plain?



****************************************************************************

Nancy asked if I was having fun with this budgeting thing. I am. My kids are, which I find totally weird. But I'm making things I haven't made in awhile and most of these have been big hits. Now they want a say on deciding what makes it to the calendar, which is cool. And they've been helping to cook more, also cool.

***

CNN just reported 70,000+ jobs cuts were announced today.

***

The Total Money Makeover addresses the issue of keeping up with the Joneses. I know the Joneses. I'm related to a lot of the Jonses. I'm friends with some of the Joneses.

The Joneses stink. Mostly they stink because (many of them) are completely overextended and living off their credit cards and paying finance charges while projecting an aura of complete financial harmony. They are buying new cars and taking trips and yes, even saving for college, but they are doing so while paying high interest rates and overage charges on their credit cards.

But they are projecting harmony, which will make it hard to decline invitations and live within a budget. Except that progress is tangible. And hopefully, enough.Align Left


2 comments:

Amy said...

I wish I could figure out who this one is. Deliciously cryptic!

Lesley said...

I'm looking for some updates, Megin. You reeled me in, but leave me hanging? That just won't work!