Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Dear God, Blah, Blah, Blah

Last night I was putting Bun-bun the middle one (4 years 9 months) to bed. As is our habit, I started his prayers for him. "Dear God, thank you for..." and he fills in the blanks.

Me: Dear God, thank you for
BB: this day.
Me: Thank you for
BB: Every single jingle thing blah, blah, blah...

Hee hee hee.

Here's the thing: I am really thankful for every single jingle thing, too. So why is it so easy to blah, blah, blah over it? To lose perspective? Lucy spilling 1/2 gallon of milk. Clay putting underwear on under his pull-up. Aidan losing his figurines (again). Pee soaked comforters (in July)... (again). Brand new special no-tear sunscreen gone missing. Water all over the bathroom floor (again). Damn dog missing (again). A little less thankful for these bits.

Really, why do these things (on certain days) make me want to see if paper wings will help me fly off a really high cliff? Most days my anthem is "Ain't nothin' but a thing." But some days these small bits are the end all be all and I wonder why I don't get a job elsewhere. One with benefits. Oh, right. This job has benefits. Those are for a later post. Today the benefits are milk stained and pee soaked.

Some days my goal is to remember that this my friends, is exactly what I wanted. What I worked towards for 4 years...blah, blah, blah...

No comments: